Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Yarn Shop Hop For Me

I used a driving route planner to figure out how to get to the nine shops I want to visit during the 2016 Minnesota Yarn Shop Hop. Since it happens opening weekend of MSPIFF, I do everything in one day. I visited all 17 shops last year (this year there's 16), and want to revisit my favorites.


According to the planner, my shortest route is 137.47 miles, and will all-in-all including take a little over four hours. And here it is (for my own reference as much as yours):

Steven B Yarn, 35th & Chicago
Linden Yarn & Textiles, 5814 Excelsior Blvd, St. Louis Park
Twisted Loop Yarn Shop (It's in a library of all places), Prior Lake Library, 16210 Eagle Creek Avenue, Prior Lake
3 Kittens Needle Arts, 750 Main St., Mendota Heights
The Yarnery, Victoria & Grand
Darn. Knit. Anyway., 423 S Main St, Stillwater
Lila and Claudine's, 86 Mahtomedi Ave, Mahtomedi
All About Yarn, 455 99th Ave, Suite 180
Coon Rapids
Crafty Planet, 2833 Johnson Street NE, Minneapolis

Not sure this will be good for The Year of the Stash, but I will try to be good. I will remember that I ended up de-stashing two of the three things I got at last year's shop hop.

Things I do want to get:
  • project bags
  • stitch markers
  • cool tools
  • a measuring tape I can attach to my purse tool kit
  • same with a needle gauge
  • a gleaner (I think I saw one at either Lila and Claudine's or Darn. Knit Anyway last weekend for the yarn bowl adventure)
  • Hiya Hiya needle accessories

No comments: